This recipe comes to you from my friend Brittany, who made this delicious popcorn for one of our girls-night-happy-hour-chillouts. This easy to make, waste-free popcorn recipe is now my go-to afternoon writing snack.
So ditch that terrible/wasteful pre-bagged microwave popcorn and enjoy!
What you need:
- Large cooking pot with lid
- Organic coconut oil (about a tbsp.)
- Popcorn kernels (I buy mine in bulk at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- Sea salt (optional)
- Heat oil and 1-2 test kernels over high heat.
- Once kernels pop, pour in enough kernels to cover the bottom of the pot. Cover and shake kernels around to warm up (about 30 seconds).
- Return the pot to the burner and then watch and wait for the magic.
- After about 2-3 minutes the kernels should be popped and ready to enjoy.