Last week I posted about my first attempt at making homemade oat tortillas, which were incredible awkward and ugly. Because they were so delicious, I decided to give homemade tortillas another try. I finally replenished my whole wheat flour and gave this recipe I found on Grunish a try!
What I used:
3 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp Salt
1Tsp Baking Power
1 Cup Hot Water
What I did:
- Mixed Dry Ingredients in a Large Bowl
- Added Hot Water and with a Spatula, Mixed into a Dough (About 3 Minutes)
- Half Dough until 16 Equal Portions are Made
- Roll Each into a Small Dough Ball and then Flatten Between Palm
- Set Dough out in Single Layer on a Floured Surface and Cover with a Clean Dish Towel (15 Minutes)
- After Dough has Rested, Roll into Thin Round (if you can) Sheets
- Heat Lightly Oiled Skillet and then Cook Each Tortilla for 1 Minute on the First Side and then 30 Seconds on the Second Side. Adjust cooking accordingly if your pan is too hot or too cool.
- Let them cool on a wire rack or enjoy them right out of the skillet.
That’s it! Like my last attempt, we had them with tempeh, but this time I sautéed it with onions, corn, celery, beans, and tomatoes. Yumm!!
If at first you don’t succeed…
Admittedly, they are still pretty ugly and very misshaped! Alas, I’m sure practice will make perfect!