Admittedly, I’m a little late to the chia seed pudding game, but good Lord am I happy I finally made it! For those the you who may still be lost in the wilderness as I had been– Chia Seed Pudding is a delightful little pudding snack packed with all the good things: almond or coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and little energy bullets (chia seeds). It is super easy to make and is a healthful way to recharge with something semi-sweet throughout your day.
Here’s what I do:
- Grab a few small jars– please revisit this post HERE if you are wondering what kind of jars work best. I used a few tiny mason jars, a small candle jar, and another that used to have sun dried tomatoes.
- In a large measuring cup mix:
- 2 cups of coconut or almond milk
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- Sweetener of choice, I have been using 3-6 teaspoons of xylitol, but honey, stevia (1 teaspoon), or maple syrup works too
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Small pinch of salt
3. Once this mixture is combined I pour it into each little jar until the mixture is gone.
4. Seal each jar and give them a little shake. Store in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before eating. They last several days in the refrigerator, but usually not too long because Corey and I can’t resist once the pudding has set.