Who the heck am I?!
This morning’s procrastination is brought to you by: Coconut Blueberry Bran Muffins with Walnuts (waste-conscious addition)
What I think I used:
- 1/2 Cup- 1Cup of Blueberries
- Handful Shredded Coconut
- Handful of Crushed Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Cup Wheat Bran
- I Cup Flour
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt (sometimes I leave the salt out)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (I use canola)
- About a cup of boiling water to water down bran
What I think I did:
- Preheat oven to 375F and then line your muffin tin with biodegradable muffin liners.
- Boil about one cup of water and pour over your wheat bran and stir until it is absorbed. In the same large bowl stir in your veg oil, egg, and brown sugar.
- Once mixed is well combined stir in flour, baking power, and salt. You can mix these together separately before you incorporate into slimy bran mixture (sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t).
- Fold in nuts, coconut, and blueberries.
- Spoon batter into cups.
- Bake 17-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
FYI– These are not super sweet, which is why I like them so much.
OK, back to work…