It must be that time again– that time I run out of EVERYTHING at the same time– because I have been whipping up all kinds of waste-conscious products this weekend!
Here is a delicious upgrade on my waste-free/FREE facial scrub: Honey, Coffee, Coconut deliciousness
Corey and I have been using the coffee grounds ever since I first posted and we LOVE it! Or at least I LOVE it–Corey definitely uses it without complaining. What I like about the scrub is its minimal ingredients (just coffee grounds), and the way it has completely wiped out any and all of my stress blemishes. My skin feels clean and bright. Over the last two months we have probably saved about $5-8 in store-bought products. The only negative (which I don’t mind) is that your skin does smell a bit like coffee until you use a scented moisturizer.
I also use the scrub on my legs and on the backs of my arms where I sometimes have dry patches/bumps. In just a few showers my skin is smooth and ready for this short and tank weather. Have I sold you yet?! Give it a try!
This new scrub has just two added ingredients, which add a creaminess to the application process. The coconut oil and honey also lock in moisture, and for some folks, may even eliminate the need for a moisturizer post-wash.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds (fine)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup raw coco powder (optional, I didn’t use)
What to do (this is SUPER easy):
- Use the double boiler method, or simply heat coconut in the microwave.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Let it cool/set for 2-5 hours (I stirred mine once or twice throughout the day).
- Put it in your shower with tiny bamboo spoon and enjoy this delicious face scrub!